In some installations, and where an ethernet or WiFi connection are not available, a cellular modem may be used to connect the gateway to the public internet. If a gateway goes offline in these scenarios, please review the following.
Netgear 4G LTE Modem
Observe the status of the cellular modem by checking the green LEDs on top of the unit.
- The power LED should be illuminated.
- If the LED is not on, check that the power button on the back of the unit is pressed in.
- Next, check if there is power from the outlet to the modem. You may also check to see if the K1 Gateway is turned on as well since they are typically connected to the same outlet.
- If there is no power from the outlet, the modem and gateway will need to be moved to a new location. Please get in tough with Kairos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There should be at least two bars of LTE signal quality.
- If the signal strength is low, try moving and re-orienting the modem in the location it is installed. Sometimes other metal objects, power conduit, or building materials can interfere with the signal.
- If moving the modem does not increase signal strength, the modem and gateway will need to be relocated. Please get in tough with Kairos at email@example.com.
- The LAN activity LED should be blinking or steady on.
- If the LAN activity LED is not blinking or on at all, and you have already ensured the modem is powered on with appropriate signal strength, make sure the ethernet cable is connected between the modem and the gateway.
- If the modem and gateway are connected over ethernet, go to the next section (below) on troubleshooting the K1 gateway.
If the modem is in good working condition, but the gateway is still offline, check the status of the gateway.
- All four LEDS matching the "power", "internet", "WiFi", and "LoRa" symbols should be glowing. The power LED will be red and the others should be green.
- If the LEDs are not illuminated as described, please disconnected both the modem and gateway from power, then:
- Power the modem on and wait for more than two bars of signal strength to be indicated on it.
- Power on the K1 gateway and wait for until all lights are a solid color. This may take a few minutes. The power, internet and WiFi LEDs will illuminate first, and it may take several minutes for the LoRa light to turn on as the gateway boots up.
- If the internet LED does not come on, attempt to restart the gateway one more time by disconnecting it from power and reconnecting it. After this restart, and if the gateway still does not indicate a connection to the internet, please contact Kairos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When repositioning the gateway, make sure the antenna can point straight up (see picture of gateway above) and that it is position as high as possible in the location it is installed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.