In some situations where Wi-Fi or active ethernet ports are unavailable, a cellular modem may be used to provide connectivity for the gateway to communicate with app.kairoswater.io. If you find that you need a cellular modem, please reach out to Kairos via chat on the website or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provide power to the modem
- Connect the power adapter to the modem and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Press the power On/Off button on the modem.
- Wait for the Power LED to light green, which might take several minutes.
Connect the modem to the Kairos Gateway
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the Gigabit Ethernet LAN port on the modem.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the port on the Kairos Gateway.
- The LAN LED on the modem should illuminate green.
- The LED above the world icon (internet connectivity) should turn a solid green if the gateway has established a connection with the internet.
- Open your account in app.kairoswater.io and make sure the gateway is showing online. (you may receive an email/text when the gateway comes online if the account has been set-up with your email address and/or phone number.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.